This post is going to center around a vegetarian week of dinner meal planning. If you’re not a vegetarian just simply add an animal based protein to any of the meals.
I don’t make 5 different dinners! I make 3, at most. I just alternate what we are having throughout the week.
Quick Tips to Start Your Week of Meal Planning:
- Plan your menus first, make your shopping list, then shop. Don’t decide your menu when you’re at the store. Plan ahead!
- Meal Prep on the weekend. If you work weekends, meal prep on your days off. If you already have a busy day, and you’re exhausted you will be less likely to take on any additional tasks.
- Plan meals around one main dish. If you’re not a vegetarian plan your meals around your protein.
- Add a variety of tastes, colors and textures to your meals. Nobody wants a one colored, bland plate of mush for dinner!
I tried to add as many repeat ingredients as possible. For instance, Olive oil, peppers, eggs, and chili powder appear more than once.
Vegetarian Chili: This is a budget friendly, healthy and easy vegetarian chili recipe.
Here’s what you need to make this chili:
- Olive Oil
- Green Pepper
- Red Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 Can of Tomatoes – I prefer the fire roasted canned tomatoes when making chili
- 1 Can of Kidney Beans
- 1 Can of Corn
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Basil
Vegetarian Lasagna: Who doesn’t like lasagna? This is an insanely tasty, healthy, lasagna. Give it a try!
Here’s what you need to make this lasagna:
- 14 lasagna noodles (2 extra for filling in holes) – Go for whole grain if possible!
· 1/2 large onion
· 3 garlic cloves
· Red Pepper Flakes
· 2 medium zucchini
· 2 medium yellow squash
· One (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers
· 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
· Basil leaves
· One (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
· 2 large eggs
· Parmesan cheese
· 8 ounces) low-moisture mozzarella cheese – I buy blocked cheese and shred it. It’s cheaper and better quality, most of the time.
· Salt and Pepper
Grilled Veggie and Black Bean Bowls: Not only does this look fairly easy, it looks delicious!
- White wine vinegar
- BBQ sauce
- Lime juice
- Chili powder
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 red onion
- 19 oz can of black beans